Mixcloud

Saturday 16 May 2020

Impact Music #20: Haunted Dancehall

Haunted Dancehall by The Sabres of Paradise

Finally, the last one and suddenly I've found myself with another ten albums I want to share, but I think I'll stop....for now. At the end of the day, every album I own has made an impact, however small. I've just shared twenty of them, not necessarily the top twenty and many of them not even my favourite by that artist.

So, Sabres of Paradise. I've never been a big dancer, but I did enjoy going to clubs and would often lose myself in the music whilst everyone else hit the dancefloor.

That's why albums like this really resonated with me, when the dance bands that I loved stretched out, slowed it down and made music for listening to. Orbital's Snivilisation was another big one for me and Leftfield struck a great balance on Leftism too.

This one thought is just sublime - an incredibly atmospheric electronic album with moments of beauty and hidden dark corners. Or is that moments of darkness and hidden beautiful corners? I'm not alone in saying that Andrew Weatherall is still sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment