Mixcloud

Friday 8 May 2020

Impact Music #12: Fear Of Music


Fear of Music by Talking Heads

Difficult one to photograph due to its shiny sleeve.

I first heard this in London in 1985, staying at a friend's relatives house They also had My Life In The Bush of Ghosts and Music For Knee Plays, which intrigued, but this was the one with the unique songs and sound.

Shortly after I nearly fell out with my chemistry teacher over this album. Trying to impress him and show off I told him I'd heard it and really liked it, but he said it was a disappointment and their worst album. He didn't like the songs or sound. At the end of the day I was still happy to have to have someone else to talk about different music (even if we disagreed, he was still interested) and the realisation that adults can occasionally border on being cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment