Mixcloud

Friday 15 May 2020

Impact Music #19: Mogwai Young Team

Mogwai Young Team by Mogwai

Post rock eh? What is it?

It was a toss up between this and Millions Now Living Will Never Die by Tortoise with which one to share. I've already changed my mind three times.

Tortoise was the first post rock album I got and is one of my favourite albums. I do, however have more records that fall into the "sounds like Mogwai" category than most bands. Some of them sound more like Mogwai than Mogwai do. Anyway, this is a slightly disjointed album compared to what came next, but it has two of the biggest tunes ever, the incredibly heavy Like Herod and the template for the future of post rock that is Mogwai Fear Satan. That's 25 minutes of your life right there.

As a side note, Mogwai Fear Satan had one of the greatest remixes ever, courtesy of Surgeon, which takes the definition of music to another sublime level at zero BMP.

No comments:

Post a Comment