Mixcloud

Sunday 26 April 2020

Impact Music #1: Dare


Dare by The Human League

I was challenged a while ago by a friend to post 20 albums that had an impact on me. Just the cover, no comments. One of those Facebook things. I decided to comment anyway as a photo of an album sleeve doesn't mean much.


This is widely regarded as one of THE perfect pop albums and rightly so. There's plenty of songs about love and dancing, but you also get songs about Judge Dredd and the assassination of JFK, ones that reference synaesthesia and the Ramones, an instrumental cover version, plus the inspirational lyrics and "rap" on their finest moment, Love Action. 

I could've chosen any of their first 4 albums, but this was the first album I bought. Still sounds great.

I was supposed to nominate someone, but the way I see it we should all be sharing these sort of things at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment